WILLMAR, Minn., June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The smell of summer grilling is in the air. As more consumers seek out wholesome cuts of meat to cook, Jennie-O Turkey Store launches three convenient and flavorful new grilling options — JENNIE-O ® Turkey Breast Steaks, JENNIE-O ® Seasoned Turkey Breast Steaks and JENNIE-O ® Jalapeno Jack Turkey Burgers.
These new grilling products address consumers' evolving cooking preferences. In order to eat more nutritiously, 90 percent of Americans are choosing lean cuts of meat, while 82 percent are limiting second helpings. Consumers are also adding more flavor to their meats, with 85 percent preparing marinated meats and poultry on a regular basis, according to The Power of Meat survey by the American Meat Institute and the Food Marketing Institute. Marinated meats and poultry also fit with the increased popularity of highly flavorful foods, including ethnic dishes using a variety of seasonings. 1
"At Jennie-O, we understand people want quick solutions to make it easy to eat well," said Kim Anderson, product manager at Jennie-O Turkey Store. "Our new Turkey Breast Steaks and Jalapeno Jack Turkey Burgers provide more flavorful ways to enjoy convenient, great tasting, wholesome grilled meat options from a brand that consumers trust."
Turkey Breast Steaks: A Delicious New Twist on Grilled SteakNow it's easy to enjoy a lean steak hot off the grill with two new turkey options. JENNIE-O ® Turkey Breast Steak is packaged ready to cook, or it can be marinated prior to cooking. For those who prefer pre-seasoned meat, Jennie-O offers Seasoned Turkey Breast Steak featuring a delicious garlic and red pepper spice blend. The turkey breast steaks are available at retailers nationwide in sizes of 16 to 24 ounces for an average suggested retail price of $7.99. Jalapeno Jack Turkey Burgers: A Spicy Grilled Turkey Treat Addressing the popularity of Southwest cuisine, Jennie-O introduces an all-white-meat turkey burger patty featuring jalapeno seasoning and Monterey Jack cheese for a savory taste. Each 1/3-pound burger is individually vacuum-sealed for freshness. The burgers are sold in packages of six at a suggested retail price of $9.99. The product is available at retail locations nationwide. To help consumers achieve enjoyable grilling results, Jennie-O offers the following simple tips to ensure food safety:
- Use warm, soapy water to wash anything raw meat touches.
- Separate raw meat from other foods to avoid cross-contamination.
- Cook turkey to a well-done 165 degrees Fahrenheit as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Never use a raw meat marinade on cooked meat; instead, create a fresh marinade for each new batch of delicious JENNIE-O ® turkey.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV