3 rd Annual The Challenge contest invites Canadians to vote for their favourite pitch at The Globe and Mail website beginning July 8
TORONTO, June 26, 2013 /CNW/ - The four semi-finalists of the 3 rd annual The Challenge were announced today, putting them one step closer to winning a $100,000 grant from TELUS. Between March and May of this year, Canadian entrepreneurs were invited to present their biggest business challenge and how they would use $100,000 to overcome that challenge. More than 1,000 small businesses from across Canada entered for the chance to take their business to the next level.
This year's four semi-finalists are:
- Forerunner Research - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia . Forerunner Research produces scientific instruments that monitor soil emissions for safety and environmental purposes. The company would improve its research and development facilities, add multiple instrument calibration stations and expand its sales capabilities.
- Keystone Waste - Vancouver, British Columbia. Keystone Waste provides equipment to help companies reduce waste, increase sustainability and improve recycling while reducing operating costs. The company would use the grant to make the industry more efficient by investing in mobile bin fill sensor technology that indicates when waste and recycling bins need to be picked up to avoid pickup trucks wasting extra fuel.
- Livestock Water Recycling - Calgary, Alberta. LWR specializes in innovative manure treatment technologies for livestock operations to make the agricultural industry more sustainable. The company would use the grant to upgrade its research and development lab to expand into international markets.
- Northern Canadian Supplies Ltd. - Fort McMurray, Alberta. NCSL supplies environmentally friendly janitorial, safety and industrial products. The company would use the grant to introduce a series of green, eco-friendly products to the mining and oil sands industries that would provide significant cost-savings.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts