LOUISVILLE, Colo., June 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RGS Energy, the commercial and utility division of Real Goods Solar, Inc. (Nasdaq:RSOL), has been selected by St. Albans Solar Partners, LLC, to deploy a new 2.2 megawatt solar farm in Saint Albans, the largest PV system in Vermont.
RGS Energy will design, install, monitor and maintain the solar power system. Construction for the project is expected to begin next month and scheduled to be completed by November.
The fixed array ground mount solar system is expected to generate enough power to provide electricity for 400 homes. It also helps Vermont reach its goal of 20% renewable energy by 2017. Over the next 25 years, the solar energy produced is estimated to offset more than 123 million pounds of carbon dioxide emissions or the equivalent to planting more than 1.4 million trees (per EPA-based data)."St. Albans is a great town to work with and we are proud to help bring an important renewable source of energy to the area," said Project Owner Joe Larkin. "We are very excited to work with Real Goods Solar. Creative and dedicated partners are essential to successful development. RGS is committed to this project and to the state's renewable energy goals." 100% of the solar energy produced will be purchased through a feed-in tariff under the Standard Offer Program of Vermont's Sustainably Priced Energy Development (SPEED) Program. The program was created by legislation in 2005 to promote renewable energy development in the state in order to reach the state's goals of 20% renewable energy by 2017. "In collaboration with St. Albans Solar Partners, we are proud to bring 100% clean renewable energy to the City of Saint Albans," said Tim Seamans, RGS Energy's general manager. "This is a great example of what is possible to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy both in Vermont and other states."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV