GE Healthcare (NYSE: GE) and Konica Minolta Inc. have signed a global distribution agreement(*) of Konica Minolta’s AeroDR cassette-size digital x-ray imaging retrofit. Having built a collaborative relationship for nearly ten years related to the sales of computed radiography (CR) 1 in the United States, the two partners have now agreed to expand their strategic alliance, with GE Healthcare distributing AeroDR not just within the United States, but globally as well, using GE Healthcare sales channels.
The AeroDR, introduced as the world’s lightest, most compact wireless-type cassette digital x-ray device of its kind, is already in use in a wide range of medical workplaces, contributing the advantages of high image quality at low x-ray dose 2 comparing to CR. The agreement will enable healthcare facilities that have x-ray analog devices to implement digital imaging upgrades using their current imaging equipment. In addition, a selection of three cassette sizes adds versatility: 10”x12” 3, 14”x17” and 17”x17”.
The agreement adds the AeroDR panel to the GE Healthcare lineup of digital x-ray devices, thus enabling both partners to accelerate their supply of solutions adapted to the needs of a diverse array of customers. Building on the solutions to meet a broad range of customer needs globally the alliance contributes to innovation in healthcare.
(*) except in Japan.Sales by GE Healthcare are underway using a global sales network and will progressively be spanning over 50 countries. Notes: 1. As opposed to the use of x-ray film in conventional systems, an imaging plate (IP) records the x-ray image data, which is then converted into a visual image by a reading device. 2. The irradiated dose is received by a sensor panel, directly acquiring the image digitally, and thus providing superior image quality, as well as shorter imaging times. 3. Work in Progress in some countries
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV