Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), the leading software platform for real-time operational intelligence, today announced the beta version of Hunk: Splunk® Analytics for Hadoop. Hunk (beta) is a new software product from Splunk that integrates exploration, analysis and visualization of data in Hadoop. Building upon Splunk’s years of experience with big data analytics technology deployed at thousands of customers, Hunk drives dramatic improvements in the speed and simplicity of interacting with and analyzing data in Hadoop without programming, costly integrations or forced data migrations. Watch the Hunk video to learn more.
“Hunk is an important addition to the Splunk product portfolio. Our customers love how Splunk software enables them to easily visualize and analyze data, and they asked us if we could help them do the same on the sizeable low-cost data stores they’ve built up in Hadoop. To create it, we extended our technology with a new patent-pending virtual index technology,” said Guido Schroeder, senior vice president of products, Splunk. “Hadoop is a tremendous technology full of potential – if you can get to the data and act on it. We developed Hunk as a standalone software product to help organizations give broader user groups insight into their data assets without custom development, costly data modeling or lengthy batch processing iterations. By providing interactive data exploration, discovery and analytics, Hunk empowers users to derive actionable insights from this raw data in Hadoop.”
“Splunk continues to increase its value to enterprises by enabling them to gain insight from 'big data',” said Matt Aslett, research director, data management and analytics, 451 Research. “The beta release of Hunk sees Splunk building on its expertise in operational intelligence and machine data by enabling IT and business users to explore, visualize and analyze data stored in Hadoop.”
Rapid Insights and Value, No Programming or IntegrationsHunk (beta) is for organizations that are seeking a faster, simpler way to explore, analyze, visualize and share data being stored in Hadoop. Key features include:
- Splunk Virtual Index (patent pending): Splunk virtual index technology enables the seamless use of the entire Splunk technology stack, including the Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL), for interactive exploration, analysis and visualization of data stored anywhere, as if it was stored in a Splunk software index. Hunk uses this foundational technology and is the first product to come from this innovation.
- Explore Data in Hadoop from One Place: Hunk is designed for interactive data exploration across large, diverse data sets. There is no requirement to “understand” data upfront, simply point Hunk at the Hadoop cluster and start exploring data immediately.
- Interactive Analysis of Data in Hadoop: Hunk enables users to drive deep analysis, detect patterns and find anomalies across terabytes and petabytes of data. Users can correlate data to spot trends, identify patterns of interest and enrich insights even further by connecting data from external relational databases using Splunk DB Connect.
- Report on and Visualize Data in Hadoop: Users can build advanced graphs and charts on-the-fly to make their data more meaningful. Share these with other users on laptops, tablets or other mobile devices.
- Create Custom Dashboards: Hunk users can combine multiple charts, views and reports into role-specific dashboards which can be viewed and edited on laptops, tablets or other mobile devices. Hunk also allows users to ensure secure access with role-based access controls.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV