BLUE BELL, Pa., June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) was awarded a blanket purchase agreement (BPA) to support Department of Justice (DOJ) Forfeiture Systems managed by the Asset Forfeiture Management Staff of the Justice Management Division.
The DOJ Asset Forfeiture Program (AFP) is a nationwide law enforcement program that has proven to be highly effective in the fight against crime. Twelve agencies, including several outside the DOJ, participate in the AFP.
Most of the work will focus on the Consolidated Asset Tracking System (CATS), the centerpiece of the program and the system that holds all of the data related to assets from the time they are seized by the government to when they are forfeited and auctioned off, repurposed or returned. Unisys will maintain, enhance, modernize and operate the CATS software and other related systems as well as provide associated services for help desk, security and systems integration.
The BPA has a six-month base period and four one-year options, exercisable at the discretion of the government. DOJ has awarded two task orders for the base period, worth an estimated total of $10.5 million. One of the task orders will cover analysis, development and testing of applications, while the other is for operations, engineering, security and support services. The DOJ can issue task orders for additional work under the BPA up to the ceiling value.Since 1996, Unisys has helped the DOJ track and process assets seized by the 12 government agencies participating in the Asset Forfeiture program. This latest award extends Unisys' longstanding support of DOJ's program and follows a 2007 contract that ended this year. Subcontractor Base2 Technologies, which has worked with Unisys for more than 15 years, will continue in partnership on the new contract.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV