HOUSTON, June 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cardtronics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CATM), the world's largest retail ATM owner, today announced that Silicon Valley-based Technology Credit Union (Tech CU) is actively helping its members save money, having recently debuted FeeAlert from Cardtronics. With FeeAlert, members using out-of-network, fee-charging ATMs receive a personalized email alert from Tech CU, pointing them to the nearest in-network, and therefore fee-free ATMs.
"Tech CU is always looking for ways we can use technology to save our members time and money—and FeeAlert from Cardtronics is a great example," said Joe Anzalone, chief banking officer for Tech CU. "An easy-to-use, unobtrusive use of a smart technology, FeeAlert helps to further improve the Tech CU banking experience."
"The idea behind FeeAlert from Cardtronics is taking every opportunity to help cardholders find nearby fee-free ATMs," said Rick Updyke, president, North America Business Group, Cardtronics. "Before a transaction, ATM locator tools, whether built into a website or mobile banking app, are tremendously effective in helping members find the nearest fee-free ATM. But sometimes they forget to look and end up paying a fee even though they could've used, for example, a surcharge-free Allpoint ATM right around the corner. FeeAlert can't read minds, but it can send helpful reminders after a transaction, giving cardholders an opportunity to save the fee the next time around."How it Works: FeeAlert @ Tech CU
- Tech CU members auto-enrolled in the FeeAlert program
- Member uses out-of-network/non-affiliated ATM
- Daily ATM transaction info sent from Tech CU to FeeAlert platform
- FeeAlert generates a list (using geo-location technology) of nearby in-network, fee-free ATMs
- Tech CU member receives an email (next-day delivery), detailing available free ATMs for future reference.
- FeeAlert from Cardtronics – http://bit.ly/FeeAlert