Actuate Corporation (NASDAQ: BIRT), The BIRT Company ™ – delivering more insights to more people than all BI companies combined, today announced they, together with the Eclipse community, have added new connectors and enhancements to the latest version of open source BIRT for developers. BIRT 4.3 is available as part of the just-released Eclipse Foundation’s Kepler Release Train. Freely downloadable through the Eclipse Foundation and on BIRT Exchange, BIRT 4.3 is available immediately.
Of special importance in the age of Big Data, BIRT 4.3 introduces support for the popular NoSQL-style MongoDB and Cassandra databases. MongoDB (from "hu mongo us") is an open source document-oriented database system. It stores structured data as JSON-like documents with dynamic schemas (in the BSON format). Cassandra is an Apache Software Foundation open-source, distributed-database management system. Designed to handle very large amounts of data spread out across many commodity servers, it provides a highly available service with no single point of failure.
BIRT 4.3 provides access to these databases to smooth integration of data into BIRT-created visualizations within business analytic apps, including those built for Big Data. The broad support for Big Data within BIRT, including Hadoop support via HIVE, enables developers to publish content from these sources and extend the value of Big Data to a wider audience in the enterprise.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV