Redwood City, Calif., June 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced customers are implementing the Informatica PowerCenter Big Data Edition, powered by the Informatica Vibe virtual data machine, to save costs and optimize their end-to-end big data processing. Informatica delivers a comprehensive data integration platform for Hadoop environments, with support for all major Hadoop distributions including Apache, Cloudera, Hortonworks and MapR. Informatica PowerCenter Big Data Edition also runs on the Teradata portfolio of Hadoop appliances as part of the Teradata Unified Data Architecture.
Hadoop users are turning to Informatica to:
· Optimize the big data processing flow - The power of Vibe enables Informatica customers to map data integration processes once and deploy them anywhere - on-premise or in the cloud, natively on Hadoop or traditional computing platforms - with no recoding required. Customers can now optimize their big data projects across today's hybrid IT infrastructures based on cost, utilization and performance capacity.· Minimize the risk of Hadoop deployments - PowerCenter Big Data Edition is certified to run on Apache, Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and the Teradata portfolio of Hadoop appliances. The PowerCenter visual no-code development environment powered by the Vibe "Map Once, Deploy Anywhere." virtual data machine means developers do not have to be Hadoop experts. Customers are future-proofed from the rapidly changing Hadoop ecosystem and are able to staff Hadoop projects with existing ETL developers instead of having to hire more costly and hard-to-find Hadoop hand-coding experts. · Increase developer productivity up to 500% - PowerCenter developers are already Hadoop data integration developers, no additional training required. Using the Informatica visual no-code development environment, customers are able to increase developer productivity on big data projects by as much as five times over hand-coding. Companies are implementing Informatica's PowerCenter Big Data Edition to optimize the end-to-end big data process flow (i.e. ingest, parse, prepare, integrate and cleanse) on Hadoop. Business benefits include:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts