2. -- The economic calendar in the U.S. Thursday includes weekly initial jobless claims at 8:30 a.m. EDT, personal income and personal spending for May at 8:30 a.m., and pending home sales for May at 10 a.m.
3. -- U.S. stocks on Wednesday rose and bond yields tempered as a worse-than-expected GDP report bolstered prospects for the Fed to maintain its monetary stimulus program. The S&P 500 jumped 1% to 1,603.26. The Dow Jones Industrial Average also added 1% to 14,910.14 while the Nasdaq gained 0.9% to 3,376.22.
4. -- Dish Network (DISH - Get Report) withdrew its offer to buy wireless network operator Clearwire (CLWR) for $4.40 a share. Sprint (S) last week raised its offer to buy the portion of Clearwire that it doesn't already own to $5 a share, and Clearwire's board recommended that shareholders accept the new offer. It had previously endorsed Dish's offer.
5. -- Food maker ConAgra (CAG - Get Report) is expected by Wall Street to report on Thursday fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of 59 cents a share on revenue of $4.6 billion.
6. -- Nike (NKE - Get Report), the athletic footwear and apparel company, is forecast to report fiscal fourth-quarter earnings of 74 cents a share on sales of $6.64 billion.
7. -- Verizon (VZ) is in acquisition talks with two struggling Canadian mobile-phone carriers, according to multiple reports. Verizon signed a nondisclosure agreement with Mobilicity, a small wireless carrier in Canada, in preparation for talks over a possible deal, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing a person familiar with the matter. The person told the newspaper that Verizon executives have told Mobilicity that any talks with the company would be contingent on separate discussions now under way about a possible acquisition by Verizon of Wind Mobile, another small carrier in Canada.
8. -- The bidding for a one-hour power lunch with Yahoo! (YHOO - Get Report) CEO Marissa Mayer at the Internet company's headquarters is up to $90,000 on 24 bids, according to a San Francisco Chronicle blog. The bidding on Charitybuzz ends Thursday. Proceeds will benefit the Aspire East Palo Alto Charter School.