6 Percent Mortgage Rates: Coming In 2014?
So why are mortgage rates moving higher already? It's because markets tend to anticipate events. In this case, mortgage lenders don't want to get stuck with sub-standard mortgage rates for 30 years, so they have already started to protect themselves by raising rates.
In other words, mortgage rates are getting a jump on a possible change in monetary policy by starting to anticipate the impact of that change. If you've been considering buying a house or refinancing, you might take a cue from the market and anticipate that rates could move much higher over the next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV