TOKYO, June 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Internet Initiative Japan Inc. ("IIJ") (Nasdaq:IIJI) (TSE1:3774) announced that IIJ's Board of Directors today resolved that stock-compensation-type stock options (Stock Acquisition Rights) be issued to Directors (excluding Part-time and Outside Directors) and Executive Officers of IIJ, in accordance with the provisions of Articles 236 Paragraph 1, Article 238 Paragraph 1 and 2 and Article 240 Paragraph 1 of the Company Law, as follows.
1. The reason for issuing the Stock Acquisition Rights as Stock Options
The purposes of issuing the Stock Acquisition Rights as Stock Options for Directors (excluding Part-time and Outside Directors) and Executive Officers of IIJ are to further promote their motivation and incentives to contribute to the enhancement of the mid- to long-term continuous business performance and corporate value.2. Details of Issuance of Stock Acquisition Right
(1) Name of the stock acquisition rights Internet Initiative Japan Inc. Stock Acquisition Rights (3rd series) (2) Maximum number of stock acquisition rights: 135 The maximum number as described above is the number of planned allotments. If the maximum number of the stock acquisition rights to be allotted is decreased due to no subscription for some of the rights, etc, then the maximum number of the stock acquisition rights to be issued shall be equal to the maximum number of the stock acquisition right to be allotted. (3) Class and number of shares to be issued upon exercise of stock acquisition rights The class of shares to be issued upon exercise of stock acquisition rights shall be common stock of IIJ. The number of shares to be issued upon exercise of each stock acquisition right (hereinafter referred as "Number of Shares Granted") shall be two hundred (200). However, in case the Company carries out a share split or share consolidation after the date of allotment of the stock acquisition rights (hereinafter referred to as the "Allotment Date") as defined in (13), the Number of Shares Granted shall be adjusted according to the following formula, with the resulting fractions of less than one share occurring upon such adjustment rounded down.
Number of Shares Granted after adjustment = Number of Shares Granted before adjustment × Ratio of share split or share consolidation
In the case of a share split, the Number of Shares Granted after adjustment shall apply from the day after the record date of the said share split. Whereas, in the case of a share consolidation, the Number of Shares Granted after adjustment shall apply from the day the share consolidation becomes effective. Provided, however, that in cases where the Company conducts a share split conditional on approval at a General Meeting of Shareholders of the Company of a proposal to reduce surplus and increase capital stock and capital reserve, and the record date for the share split shall be the day prior to the day on which said shareholders' meeting closes, the Number of Shares Granted after adjustment shall retroactively apply from the day after the day the applicable shareholders' meeting closes and the day following the applicable record date.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts