WASHINGTON, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Last night, Washington Area Toyota Dealers made a donation of $3400 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The donation was presented while Toyota and Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper spent the evening playing games and talking with children affected by leukemia and lymphoma in Kensington, Md.
To signify Bryce Harper's continuous dedication to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Toyota based the donation on his number, 34. "This event is for the kids – we wanted to make it lighthearted and fun, because oftentimes these kids don't get to play around and distract themselves from the seriousness of their situations," said Mark Shwetz of the Washington Area Toyota Dealers. "Plus, since a lot of them are Nationals fans it was encouraging to see one of their heroes looking out for them."
Each year, Washington Area Toyota Dealers partner with Nationals players in order to give back to the charity of their choice. Later this year on September 16, Toyota and pitcher Stephen Strasburg will make a donation to the Children's Inn during a Nationals game.Media Contact: Danielle CoeSHIFT Communications for Toyota415-591-8448 email@example.com About Toyota Toyota (NYSE: TM) established operations in North America in 1957 and currently operates 14 manufacturing plants. There are more than 1,800 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships in North America which sold over 1.8 million vehicles in 2011. Toyota directly employs more than 37,000 people in North America and its investment here is currently valued at more than $23 billion, including sales and manufacturing operations, research and development, financial services and design. Toyota's annual purchasing of parts, materials, goods and services from North American suppliers totals nearly $25 billion. For more information about Toyota, visit www.ToyotaInAction.com or www.ToyotaNewsroom.com. SOURCE Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV