Tucson Electric Power (TEP) and UniSource Energy Services (UES) will be awarding a combined total of $150,000 through Grants That Make a Difference to nonprofit organizations in Arizona that improve the health and well-being of at-risk children, teens, adults and families.
Grants That Make a Difference is a competitive grants program for nonprofit organizations in the service territories of TEP and UES, and the White Mountains area around TEP’s Springerville Generating Station. Like all cash contributions made by UNS Energy Corporation companies, this program is funded by shareholders.
Application packets, guidelines and frequently asked questions are available online only at tep.com or uesaz.com. All applications must be submitted online by July 16, 2013. Applications that are mailed or hand delivered, or those with incomplete information, will not be considered for funding.
Funding preference is given to organizations with direct service programs that meet a community need serving low income or at-risk persons, leverage grants or volunteers, involve a serious collaboration with another nonprofit organization, are fiscally sound and can measure and demonstrate results. Available funding for each region, shown below, is based on population.
- Coconino & Navajo Counties – Total available: $12,500. Grant request range: $1,000 to $5,000.
- Mohave County – Total available: $20,000. Grant request range: $1,000 to $5,000.
- Pima County and White Mountain area – Total available: $100,000. Grant request range: $2,500 to $10,000.
- Santa Cruz County – Total available: $5,000. Grant request range: $1,000 to $2,500.
- Yavapai County – Total available: $12,000. Grant request range: $1,000 to $5,000.