Kinross Gold Corporation (KGC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Kinross Gold Corporation fell $0.05 (-1.0%) to $4.82 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8,012,644 shares of Kinross Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,233,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $4.80-$4.94 after having opened the day at $4.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.87. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company (GPR), down 18.8%, Cardero Resources Corporation (CDY), down 16.7%, American Vanguard Corporation (AVD), down 16.4% and Methes Energies International (MEIL), down 15.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Kinross Gold Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about KGC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV