CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) today declared a quarterly cash dividend on its common stock of $0.78 per share, an increase of $0.015 per share. The dividend is payable on Sept. 16, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business Aug. 16, 2013.
This is the 87 th consecutive year that Duke Energy has paid a quarterly cash dividend on its common stock and the sixth consecutive year in which the company has raised that dividend.
"We've made a promise to our shareholders to be good stewards of their investment in our company," said Jim Rogers, chairman, president and CEO. "We're proud to be able to share our success with them through this dividend increase.""We realize the importance of the dividend payment to our shareholders," said Lynn Good, who will become president and CEO July 1. "One of our primary financial objectives has been to consistently grow the dividend annually. The strength of our balance sheet and significant regulated business mix has allowed us to do exactly that for the past six consecutive years." Duke Energy is the largest electric power holding company in the United States with more than $110 billion in total assets. Its regulated utility operations serve approximately 7.2 million electric customers located in six states in the Southeast and Midwest. Its commercial power and international business segments own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a growing portfolio of renewable energy assets in the United States. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Duke Energy is a Fortune 250 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol DUK. More information about the company is available at: www.duke-energy.com. Media Contact: Tom ShielOffice: 704.382.2355 | 24-Hour: 800.559.3853 Analysts Contact: Bob DrennanOffice: 704.382.4070 Analysts Contact: Bill CurrensOffice: 704.382.1603
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV