CALGARY, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Canadian Pacific will donate $200,000 to the Canadian Red Cross to help victims of the devastating June 2013 floods in southern Alberta. Additionally, the Calgary based railroad will match all employee donations to this cause dollar-for-dollar.
"CP is proud to support the Red Cross in its efforts to bring relief to all who have been upended by this natural disaster," noted E. Hunter Harrison, CP's chief executive officer. "The impacts will linger for some time as Southern Albertans, including many members of our CP family, rebuild."
"This generous donation by Canadian Pacific will support our efforts in assisting the thousands of Albertans rebuilding from this disaster," said Sue Phillips, Director General of the Red Cross in Western Canada. "CP and others from the corporate community, in addition to many caring individuals, are stepping up at this time of need."
The extensive flooding which began on June 20, caused significant damage to CP's infrastructure. Railway employees responded to over forty individual locations on its network impacted by high water and worked tirelessly to ensure goods continued to be shipped through the region.About Canadian Pacific Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is a low-cost provider that is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific. SOURCE Canadian Pacific
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV