Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (Nasdaq: CY) today announced it has partnered with ARM ® to collaborate on university education activities focused on Cypress’s PSoC® programmable system-on-chip architectures based on ARM Cortex ®-M series processors. The Cypress University Alliance and ARM University Program both have established track records of partnering with universities around the world to supplement electronic engineering programs, including sponsoring workshops, labs, coursework materials and equipment. As part of the agreement, Cypress and ARM are jointly building an ARM-based PSoC lab for engineering students at the Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), and they will hold a professors’ conference in Beijing on June 29, 2013.
Both university programs are represented at the 120 th American Society of Electrical Engineers (ASEE) Conference and Exposition at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia from June 23-26. Cypress is in booth number 647, while ARM is in booth number 707.
“ARM is pleased to be working with Cypress on global university outreach and educational activities,” said Khaled Benkrid, manager, Worldwide University Program, ARM. “The ARM University Program and the Cypress University Alliance have built strong connections at top engineering education institutions around the world. Together, we will enable engineering students to become familiar with ARM Cortex-M-based architectures, as it is this technology that is at the heart of the world’s smart, connected electronics products. We welcome all aspiring electronics engineers to embrace this valuable base of skills and knowledge, from which the next generation of exciting, low power technologies is set to emerge.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV