10. -- Marc Rich, the legendary commodities trader who is credited with inventing modern day oil trading, has died. He was 78.Rich , the founder of the group that became Glencore, was forced to flee the U.S. in the 1980s after allegedly taking advantage of the 1980 U.S. embargo against Iran to profit from illicit Iranian oil sales. He was pardoned by President Bill Clinton in 2001.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts