MILWAUKEE, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hitting shelves at Lowe's today is the latest advantage over ethanol-blended gas. Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE:BGG) is equipping consumers with its newest development in fuel treatment — Advanced Formula Ethanol-free Fuel, a line of premium stabilizer and fuel blends specifically designed to make operation of 2-and 4-cycle engines smoother, all while helping maintain performance.
"Ethanol-blended fuel attracts moisture, which can cause damage to engines that power outdoor equipment, resulting in costly repairs," said Carissa Gingras, marketing director of consumer engine and service with Briggs & Stratton. "Protecting the lifeblood of the equipment is critical, making an ethanol-free fuel the natural solution to maintaining good engine health and saving consumers time and money in the long run."In fact, Briggs & Stratton recommends never using more than 10 percent ethanol fuel — such as E15 or E85— in outdoor equipment powered by small gasoline engines.* Briggs & Stratton ® Advanced Formula Ethanol-free Fuels provide consumers with two benefits: ethanol-free gas and convenience, with a ready-to-use solution that requires no mixing. Premium, engineered fuel ingredients including synthetic oil and stabilizer work together to reduce carburetor corrosion and gum and varnish build-up, which ultimately reduces costly small engine repairs. Plus, it helps maximize storage life of the fuel in small engine applications. Consumers have three different blended fuel ratios to choose from to meet their specific small engine needs:
- 40:1 and 50:1 — for 2-cycle engines such as chainsaws, leaf blowers and string trimmers, a combination of ethanol-free fuel, synthetic oil and stabilizer
- 4-Cycle Fuel — for outdoor power equipment such as lawn mowers and pressure washers, a combination of ethanol free fuel and stabilizer
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts