Don't rush to buy shares because you think they are at a discount. They're not, but they will be soon. On the surface, it appears the earnings release was successful. The top and bottom lines increased, but not enough to satisfy Wall Street.
Walgreen delivered 85 cents per share in adjusted earnings vs. 72 cents in the same period last year. Investors wanted to see at least 91 cents on the bottom line.(RAD) responded positively at the open, but within the first half hour of trading was more or less unchanged.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV