Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM) has named a health industry expert with wide experience to lead its commercial operations in Illinois and Northwest Indiana. The health and well-being company announced today that Praveen Thadani, previously senior vice president of large employer relations at UnitedHealth Group’s Optum, was named president of commercial group operations for Humana in Illinois.
Thadani will manage all of Humana’s commercial operations in Illinois and Northwest Indiana, including sales and service of Humana’s group health, dental and ancillary plans, health care provider contracting, and well-being initiatives.
“Our focus is on helping employers fundamentally change their thinking about health, well-being and their potential to profoundly impact long-term productivity and the bottom line,” said Humana Regional Chief Executive Officer Larry Savage. “That requires exactly the kind of big- picture view and depth of knowledge that Praveen brings to us.”
“The significant changes taking place in health care across Illinois requires a system-wide and partnership-oriented focus to maximize and sustain value in healthcare,” Thadani said. “Humana’s desire and ability to do exactly that was instrumental in my decision to accept this position.”Thadani will be based in Humana’s Chicago office, which serves as headquarters for its Illinois market operations. About Humana Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Ky., is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships. More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site at www.humana.com, including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV