According to Mulally, Ford is on par with the innovation leaps that we've recently seen from Elon Musk's Tesla Motors (TSLA). While Ford might not have the all the bells and whistles of the Model S, it's a fraction of the price.
Mulally points to Ford's innovation with its internal components and leadership in fuel efficiency. He also highlighted the large selection of vehicles, which range from the compact Fiesta to the large scale F-Series pickup truck.
Urken wanted to know what Mulally thought of his recent trip to India and whether India could be a bigger market than China. Mulally refused to pick sides. Instead, he said that Ford plans to penetrate and cater to both markets.He also said that foreign consumers appreciate "the Blue Oval," and that the company's compact SUV should do well overseas. And now that the domestic auto recovery is well under way, Mulally expects to see big things out of the company's luxury line from Lincoln, where consumers have given high praise to the MKZ model. Mulally deflected any talk about a possible retirement date, only repeating what we already know: He will remain CEO through 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV