Exelon (NYSE: EXC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. Exelon Corporation, a utility services holding company, engages in the energy generation and distribution business in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.81. The average volume for Exelon has been 6,957,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Exelon has a market cap of $25.9 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are up 3% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Exelon as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.93, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that EXC's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.62, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- EXELON CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXELON CORP reported lower earnings of $1.40 versus $3.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.50 versus $1.40).
- The gross profit margin for EXELON CORP is rather low; currently it is at 18.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -0.06% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $859.00 million or 13.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts