China Ceramics (NASDAQ: CCCL) shares currently have a dividend yield of 9.90%. China Ceramics Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of ceramic tiles for exterior siding and interior flooring, and design in residential and commercial buildings in the People's Republic of China and internationally. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.54. The average volume for China Ceramics has been 69,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. China Ceramics has a market cap of $41.3 million and is part of the materials & construction industry. Shares are down 6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates China Ceramics as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CCCL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.37, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- CCCL, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 59.4%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Building Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 107.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $11.38 million to -$0.87 million.
- The gross profit margin for CHINA CERAMICS CO LTD is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.80%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -3.60% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full China Ceramics Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts