NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Debra Borchardt is with Francis Gaskins, director of research for Equities.com, to take a closer look at one of the IPOs this week.
HD Supply Holdings (HDS) is the biggest IPO of the week with an offering size of about $1.25 billion. Shares are priced in the range of $22.50-$24.50.
The company was once part of Home Depot (HD), before being sold to a private-equity firm, Borchardt noted. That firm is now taking the company public.
With a strong housing market recovery in place, many might think that this could be a hot IPO, but as Gaskins was quick to point out, if rates continue to rise, this will likely hurt the recovery.On the valuation side of things, HD Supply Holdings is actually undervalued compared with peers such as Fastenal (FAST) and W.W. Grainger (GWW) on a price-to-sales and price-to-earnings comparison. Gaskins concluded that if the stock prices at the lower end of its range, it could be very interesting for investors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV