OTTAWA, June 25, 2013 /CNW/ - The Canadian Medical Association (CMA) is pleased to invite entries for the 2013 Media Awards for Health Reporting.
The CMA is proud to sponsor the awards, which honour outstanding Canadian journalism that enhances understanding of health, the health system and the role of health professionals.
The 2013 award categories are:
- The Michelle Lang Award for Excellence in Print Reporting - In-depth feature article
- Excellence in Health Reporting - Print (Large market)
- Excellence in Health Reporting - Print (Mid-size market)
- Excellence in Health Reporting - Television news
- Excellence in Health Reporting - Television in-depth reporting
- Excellence in Health Reporting - Radio
- Excellence in Local Health Reporting - Print and broadcast
- Excellence in Digital Health Reporting
- Excellence in Emerging Health Care Issue Reporting - Print, broadcast
- The Norman Bethune Award for Excellence in International Health Reporting - Print, broadcast
- Excellence in Multicultural Health Reporting - Print, broadcast
In the category "Excellence in Emerging Health Care Issue Reporting," the CMA has selected seniors and health care as the 2013 emerging issue.To be considered, stories must have been printed or broadcast between Aug. 11, 2012, and Aug. 2, 2013 , inclusive. Entries must be received by Aug. 2, 2013 . Each entry will be judged by a committee of medical, health sector and journalism professionals from across Canada. The awards will be presented Oct. 2, 2013, during a gala event at the Château Laurier in Ottawa. The media awards website has changed: please visit www.cma.ca/media-awards for full rules and more information on how to submit an entry. SOURCE Canadian Medical Association