NORWALK, Conn., June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- New Orleans' French Quarter edged out Chicago's tony North Michigan Avenue as the most popular 4 th of July destination for 2013. Last year's top destination, New York City's Midtown West, came in at #3 on this year's list of the top 50 travel destinations for the upcoming holiday. For the first time, Paris neighborhoods took four spots on the Top 50 list.
Priceline.com's Top 50 Destinations list is based on over 30,000 hotel room booking requests made by customers using priceline.com's Name Your Own Price® hotel reservation service. The 2013 list is based off of credit card-backed booking requests on priceline.com, revealing actual consumer travel intent for the upcoming holiday.
"The industry is flooded with editorial opinion about the best travel destinations for this year, as well as a lot of consumer poll data that sheds light on where American travelers would like to spend their holiday, but we wanted to take a close look at actual booking intent to see where people are truly packing up for," said Brett Keller, Chief Marketing Office of priceline.com. "We're seeing some really unique trends this year, from the emergence of European destinations in the top ranks to the slow-down in beach-going travel. One thing is for sure – the appetite for travel this holiday season is robust."
Priceline.com also reported today that the average domestic airfare for July is $402, which is 4.5% higher than last year. The average international airfare for July is $886, or 4.2% above 2012, based on tickets booked over the past 30 days. Looking ahead to August, the average domestic airfare is $362, or 4.3% higher than last year. The average international airfare for August 2013 is $860, which is 3% above last year.Priceline.com's Top 50 Destinations for July 4 th 2013
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV