Earlier this year I advised Ford investors to sell covered calls against their positions.
As with any "contrarian" call, this was met with great skepticism. Many people did not seem to understand my advice, and I took a lot of flack for it.
Ford is a great company. The fundamentals are solid. The stock was breaking out. Auto sales were perfect. So why did the stock fail to get to more than $16?Easy. Europe. But Ford, along with General Motors (GM), is a rather easy stock to trade, because you never need to chase it. Let me repeat that: You never need to chase it!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV