SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced that it has appointed Dr. Siva Sivaram as senior vice president of memory technology. Sivaram will report to Sanjay Mehrotra, SanDisk’s president and chief executive officer, and will be responsible for the ongoing development of SanDisk’s industry-leading NAND flash memory, as well as the development of next-generation technologies, including 3D NAND (BiCS) and 3D ReRAM.
SanDisk Corporation today announced that it has appointed Dr. Siva Sivaram as senior vice president of memory technology. (Photo: Business Wire)
In his role, Sivaram will also collaborate with SanDisk’s engineering teams to develop advanced system-level techniques for managing future generations of flash memory in the company’s storage products and solutions. He will partner with SanDisk’s global operations organization to ensure optimal production ramp in SanDisk’s world-class fab facilities, and lead SanDisk’s R&D collaboration with Toshiba.
“We are delighted to welcome Siva back to SanDisk,” said Sanjay Mehrotra, president and CEO of SanDisk. “His broad industry experience and deep understanding of memory technologies will be instrumental in helping extend our leadership and competitive advantage in NAND and post-NAND solutions.”
Sivaram has over 27 years of experience in semiconductors, 3D memory architectures, process technology, equipment and materials. He has held executive positions at Intel and Matrix Semiconductor (Matrix), and at SanDisk after its acquisition of Matrix. Additionally, he founded and led Twin Creeks Technologies, a solar panel and equipment company, has served as a board member for a number of start-up firms, was entrepreneur-in-residence at Crosslink Capital and XSeed Capital, a research scholar at Matsushita Electric, and an adjunct faculty member at San Jose State University.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV