REDMOND, Wash., June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today marks one year since Microsoft Corp. announced its acquisition of Yammer, the leading provider of enterprise social networks. Since the acquisition, Microsoft's enterprise social momentum has accelerated in all areas, including new users, paid customers, user engagement, innovation, and the ecosystem of partners selling and connecting to the Yammer platform.
Twelve-month growth highlights include the following:
- Registered users have grown over 55 percent to nearly 8 million
- Paid networks increased more than 200 percent year over year.
- Yammer user activity (i.e., messages, groups and files) has approximately doubled year over year.
"The continued boom in Yammer's growth is validation that enterprise social represents an important trend in the way people want to share, learn and connect at work, similar to how they're interacting in their personal lives," said David Sacks, Yammer co-founder and corporate vice president, Microsoft Office Division. "During the past year, Yammer has unlocked new opportunities to share the benefits of enterprise social through Microsoft's global sales organization and product ties with key communication, collaboration and cloud productivity offerings, such as Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. We see nothing but continued potential in enterprise social as a cornerstone of the future of work."For more information about Sacks' perspective on the successes of the past year, see his post today on the Official Microsoft blog. Customers and partners bet on Yammer As more organizations embrace the benefits of enterprise social solutions, customers such as Manhattan Associates are seeing tangible return in areas like greater cross-functional collaboration and communication, improved customer response times, and increased business agility. Other customers, such as Electronic Arts, which is just getting started with Yammer, are excited for the opportunity to create more cross-functional collaboration and open communication within their organizations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV