HBO is a division of Time Warner (TWX).
Netflix has international opportunities, but that could be smaller than the bulls expect, Kirjner notes. Areas such as Latin America and Western Europe do not offer the level of infrastructure capabilities (high-speed Internet, wealth) that Netflix enjoys in the U.S. The market in Latin America might be only 10 million households, and 17 million households in Western Europe.
"The international opportunity is material, but smaller than first meets the eye, limited by bad infrastructure and poverty in Latin America and by different competitive dynamics in Western Europe where Netflix is not the first entrant and will enjoy lower market share and hence smaller (relative) scale than in the US," Kirjner wrote.
--Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York>Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV