CIT Group Inc. (NYSE: CIT) cit.com, a leading provider of financing and advisory services to small businesses and middle market companies, today announced that employees from its Jacksonville office collected nearly 25 tons (49,740 pounds) of food and personal items during its 8th Annual Employee Food Drive.
“Due to the challenging economic environment, Jacksonville area food banks and social service organizations continue to remain under pressure to provide food to those in need,” said Nick Small, Managing Director of CIT Vendor Finance, U.S. “Last year alone these organizations provided more than three million meals to area residents. We’re proud of our employees’ efforts, who year after year, continue to raise an incredible amount of food. Their hard work serves as an example of how each of us can make an impact in the lives of others in our community.”
Over the past eight years, CIT Jacksonville employees have collected more than 112 tons (224,937 pounds) of food and toiletry supplies and donated the items to area charities, including:
- City Rescue Mission (CRM), which provides help to the homeless and needy in Jacksonville and Northeast Florida;
- Sulzbacher Center, which provides comprehensive services, including street outreach, daily meals, safe shelter, case management support, job placement assistance, medical, dental, and mental health care to the homeless in Jacksonville;
- Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind, a state public school located in St. Augustine that is available at no cost to individuals who are deaf/hard of hearing, or blind/visually impaired; and,
- Mandarin Food Bank, which provides emergency food and clothing to those in need in the Mandarin community in Jacksonville.
“We have been beneficiaries of CIT’s kindness for several years,” said Penny Kievet, Interim Executive Director at City Rescue Mission. “The need is always there for donations and support. CIT’s employees continue to deliver. We’re grateful to be associated with their organization.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts