LOS ANGELES, June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the fourth consecutive year, Sport Chalet, a specialty sporting goods retailer, is inviting certified Scuba divers to participate in its annual Treasure Hunt dive. Six sunken treasure bars valued at $5,000 (1), $3,000 (2) and $1,000 (3) in Sport Chalet gift cards will be hidden in diving locations for Scuba enthusiasts to discover. From June 25 through July 18, Sport Chalet will release one clue every Tuesday and Thursday to help divers identify the secret locations of the six gold-painted treasure bars hidden off the northern and southern California coasts and in a special marine destination in Arizona. Clues will be posted online and in all participating Sport Chalet retail stores.
In conjunction with TUSA, Aqua Lung, BodyGlove, Sherwood, Mares, Pelican, Watershot and Atomic Aquatics, Sport Chalet will officially drop the treasure bars into the water on July 8, giving its loyal Scuba fans from all over the states of California and Arizona a chance to collect several clues before diving for the riches. As time goes on, the clues will become more descriptive.
The treasure bars will be clearly marked with instructions to bring the bar to any local Sport Chalet store to claim the reward. Only one prize may be won per person. Depending on the bar found, the prize awarded will be a $5,000, $3,000 or $1,000 Sport Chalet gift card.
The official timeline for the Treasure Hunt dive is as follows:
- June 25: First clue posted online and in all participating Sport Chalet retail stores.
- June 25–18: Clues posted every Tuesday and Thursday online and in-store.
- July 8: Official start of the contest. Treasure Bars are placed underwater in secret locations.
- July 21: Last day of contest; any unfound Treasure Bars are taken out of the water at end of the day.
- July 28: Last day for any prizes to be claimed at local Sport Chalet store.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts