Citrix today announced the next step in its commitment to driving the development of open source platforms with the availability of a full featured, open-source, freely available XenServer® 6.2 offering. Citrix is also introducing a new XenServer.org community portal to foster innovation, collaboration and third-party integration from a diverse developer and partner ecosystem. Today’s announcement follows the recent contributions of the Xen hypervisor to the Linux Foundation and CloudStack to the Apache Software Foundation, accelerating the Citrix vision for building the best virtualization and cloud platforms based on a proven model of open source technology development.
A key part of the Citrix “Path to the Cloud” strategy - which spans servers, networking and desktops - is ensuring customers can seamlessly migrate their most important workloads to a cloud environment. With XenServer 6.2, Citrix is delivering the best open source virtualization platform and continuing the momentum of powering leading clouds across all major cloud orchestration platforms, including Apache CloudStack, Citrix CloudPlatform™ and OpenStack. XenServer 6.2 provides performance, scalability and density improvements for private and public clouds, as well as enhanced features to support existing and new desktop and server virtualization deployments for those customers who are still determining their cloud strategy and want to future proof for the cloud.
XenServer 6.2 brings cloud-ready features, openness and simplicity with the following enhancements:
- Massive Horizontal Scale and Increased Performance - XenServer 6.2 delivers best of breed capabilities while running 500 virtual machines and 4,000 vCPUs per host, and significantly improving boot storm performance. As a result, customers can drastically improve their desktop virtualization density and performance, and more easily future proof their infrastructure for the cloud.
- Windows 8 and Windows 2012 Support - XenServer 6.2 leverages platform enhancements in Windows 8 and Windows 2012 to bring even greater server consolidation when virtualizing workloads.
- Desktop Virtualization Integrations - XenServer is already optimized for XenDesktop®, offering IntelliCache, Dynamic Memory Control, lowest TCO and best-in-class performance. XenServer 6.2 continues to be optimized for desktop virtualization, adding new Desktop Director alerts for low resources (memory, CPU, disk, network) and preemptive actions to prevent hosts from becoming unusable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV