McAfee today announced that it has allied with the industry’s leading technology distributors to offer its embedded security solutions. Arrow Electronics Inc. and Avnet Embedded will now be able to offer McAfee Embedded Security, providing greater protection than traditional antivirus solutions by offering purpose-built security technology and zero-day protection for the growing array of embedded devices. The addition of these new value added distributors extends McAfee’s embedded security relationships which already include Advantech and Bsquare.
At the Embedded World 2013 Conference, the three main themes were safety, security and ultra-low power. However, security and embedded are not always closely tied to each other. With the high-growth trend of embedded devices, the likelihood of a targeted attack on these devices greatly increases. McAfee is partnering with key technology distributors to embed proactive zero-day protection into these embedded devices, making security an essential item not an add-on item by designers and manufacturers. Now when an embedded designer builds a product they will automatically get a host of embedded security options at the distribution level.
“Embedded is a fast-growing market that needs to apply security best practices,” said Tom Moore, vice president of worldwide embedded sales at McAfee. “McAfee is making it easier for OEMs and designers to add leading security technology to their products through the distribution channel. Our goal is to secure the rapidly growing embedded device market and thereby lessen the risk to both device OEMs and consumers.”
The additional McAfee products now offered through Arrow’s OEM computing solutions business in North America and Avnet Embedded in North America:
- McAfee Integrity Control - Blocks unauthorized applications and change on fixed-function, point-of-service infrastructures including ATMs, point-of-sale (POS) systems, and kiosks
- McAfee Application Control – A centrally managed whitelisting solution that blocks unauthorized applications and code on servers, corporate desktops, and fixed-function devices
- McAfee Endpoint Protection Suite - An integrated solution that secures Windows systems against malware and unauthorized devices, providing device control and critical email and web protection
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise- Combines anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, and intrusion prevention technologies to stop and remove malicious software
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts