Unlike legacy systems management solutions, which often encompass separate point solutions, the K1000 integrates all its systems management functionality in an easy-to-deploy physical or virtual appliance. The new software asset management features include:
- Software titling engine that automates detailed software audit and compliance reporting to avoid license violations and associated fines. According to a software asset management survey by Ernst & Young 1, up to 60 percent of customers polled do not monitor software usage and usage patterns, although the software infringement liability can equal up to three times the retail value of each unlicensed software installation.
- Integration with the Dell Application Catalog (DAC), which provides access to approximately 110 million unique executable files. A web-based offering that is fully integrated with the Dell KACE K1000, the Dell Application Catalog has the advantage of daily updates and the addition of approximately 4,000 new applications annually. DAC offers deep cataloging capabilities with the ability to map minor software versions to the parent package for more accurate license tracking and usage across major versions of Microsoft Windows and Apple applications. Additionally, software suite recognition easily discerns whether an application has been installed in standalone mode or as part of a broader software suite.
- Automated metering that enables administrators to view usage information based on when an application is actually run, for accurate compliance reporting and fast identification of underutilized software.
In addition to its software asset management enhancements, the new release of the K1000 enables IT administrators to capture and report new hardware characteristics to better gauge organizational readiness for OS and application migrations and upgrades. For any company planning an imminent move to Windows 7 or Windows 8, the ability to produce an accurate inventory of hardware and software assets is an essential first step in the migration process.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV