In 1997, he was Australia's Private Sector Representative to the First Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting Business Forum held in London; and in 1999 led a delegation of senior Australian executives to New York promoting Australia, the Dynamic Success Story of the Asia Pacific - A Centre for Global Financial Services.
Dr Newman is currently Chairman of Melon Pastoral Pty Ltd; Macquarie University Foundation; Taronga Foundation; The Bradman Foundation; and The Australian Fathers' Day Council; Director, Queensland Investment Corporation; Advisor to the MMC Group of Companies; Trustee Sydney Cricket & Sports Ground Trust; and Patron of CEDA.
He was appointed to the MARQ Services Advisory Board, in August 2012, and Honorary Professor in Public Diplomacy at the Soft Power Advocacy & Research Centre, Macquarie University in September 2012.
From September 2013, Dr Newman has been appointed Chairman-elect of the proposed Prime Minister Abbott's Business Advisory CouncilThis information is available on our website at www.newcrest.com.au and at www.sedar.com. SOURCE Newcrest Mining Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV