E. I. du Pont de Nemours (DD)
Background: DuPont is involved in science and technology in a range of disciplines including high-performance materials, specialty chemicals, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Price To Book: 4.1Earnings Payout Percentage: 35% Over the last couple of months, DuPont had a brilliant run. Shares moved from under $50 to over $57. The stock has moved lower since, setting up a marvelous support level that can be bought. Investors are receiving $1.80 in dividends for a yield of 3.4%. Unlike GE and Wells Fargo, DuPont didn't lower the dividend amount in 2009, although the rate remained the same from 2007 until 2012. It didn't take long before the rate was increased again, in May 2013 the payout rose to 45 cents a share. Short interest is near the higher end of my comfort level for a dividend-paying stock. At 2.8% of the float, investors should keep a close eye on the short interest level. If it moves much beyond 4%, the market may be signaling it's time to exit or hedge your position with long dated options. DD Payout Ratio TTM data by YCharts
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV