Halliburton (NYSE: HAL) announced today the deployment of nearly 100 light-duty Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) trucks across several field locations in the U.S. The Original Equipment Manufacturers bi-fuel trucks were recently purchased as part of a pilot program to be rolled out throughout the Company’s U.S. operations.
“There is considerable focus across the industry to identify multiple ways to leverage this abundant, reliable and cleaner burning source of energy in day-to-day operations,” said Halliburton Western Hemisphere President Jim Brown. “The fleet of CNG vehicles is one more example where Halliburton is leading among oil and gas services companies regarding the use of American natural gas.”
The environmentally-friendly vehicles, when operating on CNG emit about 90 percent less emissions, and are estimated to save approximately $5,100 (USD) per truck in fuel cost annually.
“With this pilot program we expect to obtain a wealth of information on what it would take to bring about a successful, broader adoption of CNG light duty vehicles across the company,” added Brown.The new CNG truck fleet will be assigned to 15 U.S. locations across seven states including; Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, California, Louisiana, Utah and Pennsylvania. ABOUT HALLIBURTON Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With more than 72,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in approximately 80 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production through the life of the field. Visit the company’s website at www.halliburton.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV