RICHMOND, BC, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Catalyst Paper Corporation (TSX:CYT) today announced changes to its Board of Directors with the appointment of Jill Leversage and the resignation of Giorgio Caputo.
"I would like to welcome Ms. Leversage who brings extensive financial and industry experience to the board," said Chairman and Interim Chief Executive Officer Les Lederer. "We thank Mr. Caputo for his support during Catalyst's reorganization and his contribution to the governance of Catalyst since the company emerged from restructuring last September."
Ms. Leversage is a chartered accountant with more than 25 years of experience in investment banking and M&A advisory services, particularly in the forest and manufacturing industries. She holds a commerce degree from the University of Calgary and is a chartered business valuator and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of B.C. Ms. Leversage is chair of the British Columbia Innovation Council, a director and chair of the audit committee of Eagle Star Minerals Corp. and a director of Delta Gold Corporation. Active on numerous community boards, she received a Business in Vancouver Influential Women in Business Award in 2012 and an Honorary Doctorate from BCIT in June 2013.
Catalyst Paper manufactures diverse specialty mechanical printing papers, newsprint and pulp. Its customers include retailers, publishers and commercial printers in North America, Latin America, the Pacific Rim and Europe. With three mills, located in British Columbia, Catalyst has a combined annual production capacity of 1.5 million tonnes. The company is headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada and is ranked by Corporate Knights Inc. as one of the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada.SOURCE Catalyst Paper Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV