Analyst: "We Have No New Thoughts. Sell."
By Hal M. Bundrick
NEW YORK (MainStreet)--What has to be one of the most stunning Wall Street analyst notes in some time was posted by Oppenheimer Chief Market Technician Carter Worth today. It read simply: "We have no new thoughts. Sell."
Joshua Brown, a New York City-based investment advisor who blogs at TheReformedBroker.comcalled the piece: "Greatest. Research. Note. Ever."
Here is what the research report looked like, as posted by the blog, with the note "Here's the instant classic morning research note that Oppenheimer clients got from Chief Technician Carter Worth before the open today:"Worth has been predicting a continued pull-back for U.S. equities for some time. According to CNBC's website, as recently as last Thursday Worth said that his technical analysis provided the case for the stock market to head 3 to 5% lower.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV