Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in SIP-based communications, announced today that a committee of the Board of Directors has determined to extend the Company’s Rights Agreement designed to protect the Company from certain unsolicited takeover proposals.
At the meeting of a committee of the Board of Directors held on June 21, 2013, the Rights Agreement was amended to extend the expiration date from June 26, 2013 to June 26, 2015. The amendment was not in response to any acquisition proposal and no other amendments were made to the Rights Agreement.
About Sonus Networks
Sonus Networks, Inc. helps the world’s leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of SIP-based solutions including VoIP, video and Unified Communications through secure, reliable and scalable IP networks. With customers around the globe and over 15 years of experience transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers to capture and retain users and both service providers and enterprises to generate significant ROI. Sonus products include session border controllers, policy/routing servers, subscriber feature servers and media and signaling gateways. Sonus products are supported by a global services team with experience in design, deployment and maintenance for some of the world’s largest and most complex IP networks. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV