At the Cisco Live! event in Orlando, the San Jose-based networking giant unveiled the Cisco ISR 4451-AX, the ASR 1000-AX and 4500E Supervisor Engine 8E and the Catalyst 6800 Switch Series. The 4451-AX is available immediately, while the others are available later this year.
"The network is more important than ever before in enabling the user experience in today's applications. Network intelligence, simplicity and innovation will be the key factor in unlocking new business opportunities and competitive differentiation for our customers." said Rob Soderbery, senior vice president and general manager, Cisco Enterprise Networking Group in the press release. "Today's launch of the Catalyst 6800, Catalyst 4500 Supervisor 8E, ISR 4451-AX and ASR1000-AX demonstrate how Cisco's Enterprise Network Architecture is delivering against these promises."
The increased performance from the routers allows Cisco's Open Network Environment (ONE) strategy to expand in scope, allowing the devices to become open and programmable.A major part of the ONE strategy is allowing developers to create applications using the onePK API toolkit for business applications. "This open API combined with the control services layer, allow application developers to view the network as a single entity, so they can write applications once and run them across multiple network environments whether wired or wireless, with consistent application performance," the company said in a press release. The One architecture also lets the "Internet of Everything" help organizations expand network visibility, intelligence and size. Shares of Cisco closed lower in Monday trading, off 1.8% to $24.04. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV