WAYNE, Pa., June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Escalon® Medical Corp. (Nasdaq: ESMC) today announced its Sonomed Escalon™ group has completed deep integration of its AXIS™ Image Management platform with MaximEyes EHR ophthalmic electronic health records system provided by First Insight® Corporation. The integration enables users to directly access all patient diagnostic images from directly within MaximEyes EHR.
"While AXIS can interface with any EHR system, the deep integration with MaximEyes provides a greater convenience and saves users time," said Matthew Carnevale, Sonomed Escalon's Chief Technology Officer. "MaximEyes EHR is a leading EHR provider for ophthalmology and this integration further enhances the value proposition of a combined solution."
"Partnering with Sonomed Escalon continues our commitment to expand MaximEyes EHR functionalities with certified partner integrations and to help practices simplify managing their patient data," said Nitin Rai, President and CEO of First Insight® Corporation. "This built-in integration allows MaximEyes EHR users to quickly connect to the Sonomed Escalon AXIS image management system, and display exam records and diagnostic images for a specific patient. In addition, MaximEyes users can host this integration locally or in a cloud environment."
About Escalon Medical: Founded in 1987, Escalon Medical Corp. ( www.escalonmed.com) develops markets and distributes ophthalmic diagnostic and surgical products. The Company seeks to further develop and diversify its product offering through internal development programs, strategic partnerships, and acquisition of technology so as to best leverage the Company's distribution capabilities, although such development, partnerships or acquisitions may or may not occur. The Company has headquarters in Wayne, Pennsylvania and operations in Lake Success, New York, New Berlin, Wisconsin and Stoneham, Massachusetts.About First Insight Corporation: First Insight was founded in 1994 by Nitin Rai, president and CEO, to revolutionize and lead the eye care industry with the most complete and customizable certified electronic health records and practice management software. The company's focus has been to help doctors achieve a paperless practice through MaximEyes, its flagship "eye care only" Cloud-based EHR and practice management software. MaximEyes helps thousands of eye care professionals increase revenue, reduce billing errors, improve patient retention, enhance office efficiency, and relieve the stress of regulatory requirements. The company provides award winning training and development to make implementation simple. First Insight is headquartered in Hillsboro, OR. To learn more, visit www.first-insight.com. Note: This press release contains statements that are considered forward-looking under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about the Company's future prospects. These statements are based on the Company's current expectations and are subject to a number of uncertainties and risks, and actual results may differ materially. The uncertainties and risks include whether the Company is able to:
- implement its growth and marketing strategies, improve upon the operations of the Company business units, including the ability to make acquisitions and the integration of any acquisitions it may undertake, if any, of which there can be no assurance,
- grow our remaining ophthalmic business unit,
- implement cost reductions,
- generate cash,
- identify, finance and enter into business relationships and acquisitions.
- new product development, commercialization, manufacturing and market acceptance of new products,
- marketing acceptance of existing products in new markets,
- research and development activities, including failure to demonstrate clinical efficacy,
- delays by regulatory authorities, scientific and technical advances by the Company or third parties,
- introduction of competitive products,
- ability to reduce staffing and other costs and retain benefit of prior reductions,
- third party reimbursement and physician training, and
- general economic conditions.