NEW YORK, June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicom (NYSE: OMC) agencies continue a tradition of creativity and innovation with a record year at the 60th International Festival of Creativity in Cannes, winning more than 240 Lions across all marketing disciplines and categories. BBDO and DDB were among the top three networks for the seventh consecutive year. Omnicom's Media Group (OMG) earned the most wins of any media agency holding company for the second year in a row.
Omnicom agencies from more than 35 countries representing 145 brands won Cannes Lion awards. BBDO and DDB took home 99 and 90 Lions respectively, the most in both networks' history. Since Cannes introduced the Network of the Year Award in 2007, Omnicom networks have dominated by winning an unprecedented 14 of the 21 first, second and third place spots. TBWA also had a record year with 43 Lions. Leading global public relations agency Ketchum was honored with nine Lions and was the only PR firm to win across multiple categories.
OMG's flagship agencies OMD and PHD took home a combined total of 19 Lions -- earning them the number one and two spots respectively in terms of most awards won by individual agency networks in the media category. OMD Australia was named Media Agency of the Year.
There were many highlights over the course of the week for Omnicom agencies. Below are just a few:
- Almap BBDO was the third most awarded individual agency and won 16 Lions, four of which were Gold: Mars/Pedigree (Outdoor campaign), Bayer/Cafiaspirin (Press campaign), VW of Brazil (Press campaign) and "Life Cuts"/Getty Images (Film Craft).
- DDB won the Philippines first Grand Prix in the Mobile category for its groundbreaking work "TXTBKS" for Smart Communications, Inc.
- DDB won two prestigious Creative Effectiveness awards: "Believe"/Lion Nathan Steinlager in New Zealand: "From Crying to Buying: How John Lewis Harnessed the Selling Power of Emotion"/ John Lewis in UK.
- Grand Prix for Good was awarded to BBDO Proximity Dusseldorf GmbH for the "Ant Rally"/WWF.
- Omnicom's TBWA advertising legend, Lee Clow, was the 2013 recipient of the prestigious Lion of St. Mark award.
- TBWA and media partner OMD won a Grand Prix in the Press Category for the Apple's iPad Mini Ads.
- Whybin/TBWA Sydney won a Creative Effectiveness award for " Australia's Largest Risk Mitigator"/Insurance Australia Group.
- Omnicom's The Marketing Arm, LatinWorks, Fleishman Hillard, Wolff Olins, and Porter Novelli all won Lions.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts