DEARBORN, Mich., June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F), the United Auto Workers and the UAW Trust are launching a pilot program to improve the health care experience and outcome for Ford's hourly active employees and the Trust's non-Medicare retired members
- The two-year pilot is expected to improve health; it is voluntary for hourly employees and non-Medicare retirees
- The pilot is a result of the 2011 Ford-UAW contract negotiations
Ford Motor Company, United Auto Workers and the UAW Trust are launching an Enhanced Care Program pilot this summer in southeastern Michigan to help improve the health care experience and outcome for Ford's hourly active employees and the Trust's non-Medicare retired members.
The goal of the program is to provide care that treats overall health and leads to a better quality of life. Through a personalized care approach, the program looks for ways to help with current chronic, manageable health care needs and to prevent future problems when possible.
"The health and well-being of our employees continues to be a top priority," said Marty Mulloy, vice president of labor affairs at Ford. "This pilot is expected to help us to deliver better health care to our employees, while helping to lower total health care costs."Through the program, participating patients will have access to a personal care nurse, who works closely with a patient and his or her doctor to coordinate care and achieve the patient's personalized health goals. Patients can contact their personal care nurse by phone, email or in person as frequently as needed at no additional cost. Participants will be invited into the pilot program by their doctor if their health needs suggest they will benefit from enhanced, more personalized care. The program is voluntary for hourly employees and non-Medicare retirees. The initial phase of the pilot will begin this summer and run for two years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV