Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 6/26/13, Colony Financial Inc. (CLNY) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.35, payable on 7/15/13. As a percentage of CLNY's recent stock price of $19.51, this dividend works out to approximately 1.79%, so look for shares of Colony Financial Inc. to trade 1.79% lower — all else being equal — when CLNY shares open for trading on 6/26/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for CLNY, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.35 declared by Colony Financial Inc.:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from CLNY is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 7.18% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of CLNY shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, CLNY's low point in its 52 week range is $16.72 per share, with $23.73 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $19.39.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, CLNY makes up 2.99% of the Mortgage REIT Income ETF (MORT) which is trading lower by about 2.8% on the day Monday.According to Preferred Stock Channel, there is a series of preferred stock that is senior to CLNY, which trades under the symbol CLNY.PRA — more info ». In Monday trading, Colony Financial Inc. shares are currently down about 1.9% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV