Kass: The Loss of Market Innocence
Corporate revenues and profits will decline across the board. P/E multiples will contract. Europe will be worse than America. China will have any number of Kung Fu moments and the world is going to get really tough once again. The drying up of liquidity will affect everything and then one will feed off the other. The worsening of global economies will impact the markets. The decline in the markets will affect the economies. The downward spiral will feed upon itself.
Prepare yourselves. You will hear more crap than can be imagined during our next leg down. "The technicals says this," and "The buying opportunities are wonderful" and "An investor must stay the course" and all manner of baloney that will be heaped so high that not even Dagwood could eat this sandwich.
-- Mark J. Grant, Southwest Securities
Last Wednesday the Fed Chairman stopped the music when he announced that QE could be terminated by mid-2014.Investors have been riding in a limo, but the driver, Ben Bernanke, just told us we are about to run out of gas. Is our investment world going to come to an end as we know it? No. But we must begin to grow accustomed to taking the subway. The trip will likely be a much less smooth and a far more bumpy voyage. And, at times, it might even become dangerous as we ride through more disturbing surroundings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV