RICHMOND, Va., June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Utilities have spoken: They "like" Dominion Virginia Power's use of social media. In a survey of more than 50 U.S. and Canadian electric and gas utilities, Dominion was voted the top-rated utility for its use of and presence in social media.
E Source, a research and consulting service for utilities and large energy users based in Boulder, Colo., said survey participants cited Dominion's willingness to push the social media envelope and provide relevant content. It was also cited for having "great outage communications and on-site photos during major events."
Dominion's social media team acts as a digital switchboard that tries to respond to every customer to help them find the information or assistance they are seeking. The company's innovative use of social media spans across all platforms, including YouTube, blog, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Dominion Virginia Power has more than 31,000 Facebook friends at www.facebook.com/dominionvirginiapower, about 24,000 Twitter followers at www.twitter.com/DomVAPower and a YouTube channel with more than 200 videos at http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=domcorpcomm&aq=fE Source said the other utilities in the top three were Pacific Gas and Electric Company and Alabama Power, a Southern Company. Dominion (NYSE: D) is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 27,000 megawatts of generation. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems and serves retail energy customers in 15 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com. Save time, energy and postage by enrolling in Dominion's eBill paperless billing program at: https://www.dom.com/find-it-fast/payment-options/paperless-billing.jsp SOURCE Dominion Virginia Power
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV